The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the reason for and extent to which your personal data will be processed when you visit our website. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the controller.
This website uses SSL or TLS encryption to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string "https://" and the lock symbol in your browser line.
(1) Controller within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”) is:
Research Institute of Organic Agriculture FiBL
Telephone +41 62 8657-272
Fax +41 62 8657-273
(1) According to the applicable laws, you have various rights regarding your personal data:
If you wish to assert these rights, please send your request by e-mail or by post to the address mentioned above.
(2) You also have the right of lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data with us.
(1) When using our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). If you want to visit our website, we collect the following information that is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure the stability, functionality and security of our website:
(2) The legal basis is our legitimate interest in ensuring a smooth connection setup and a comfortable use of the website as well as in the possibility to evaluate system security and stability and to pursue further administrative purposes in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(3) The data will not be passed on or used in any other way.
(1) Like many other websites, we also use so-called "cookies". Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and through which certain information flows to the institution that places the cookie (in this case the institution is us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are intended to make the website more user-friendly and effective and to enable the use of certain functions. When using this common data and information we do not draw any conclusions about the person concerned. This information is just required to deliver the contents of our website correctly. This anonymously collected data and information is therefore evaluated by us statistically and with the aim of increasing data protection and data security in our company to ensure an optimum level of protection for the personal data processed by us. If certain cookies process personal data, processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) This website uses the following types of cookies:
a) Transient cookies – in particular so-called session cookies - are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These cookies store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to a joint session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. These cookies remain on your device and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit. You can delete the cookies in your browser settings at any time.
c) The used Flash cookies are registered by your Flash plug-in. HTML5 storage objects are also stored on your device. These objects store the required data independently of your browser and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want Flash cookie to process data, you must install an appropriate add-on, such as "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and your browser history manually.
(3) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse third party cookies or all cookies. You can also choose to be notified when cookies are set and you can decide individually whether you want to allow them or not. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings.
You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services which you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you must generally provide further personal data, which we use to perform the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply. In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
(2) We may also pass on your personal data to third parties if we cooperate with service providers who offer you promotions, lotteries or similar.
(3) Furthermore, we inform you in the respective offer about a transfer of your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
(1) If you send us enquiries via e-mail, your data will be stored for the purpose of answering the enquiry and in the event of follow-up questions. You will be required to provide your name and e-mail address. Providing a telephone number and other data is voluntary and serves to facilitate contact and to enable us to address you personally. These data are stored and used solely for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and the technical administration. The legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) Your data will be deleted when your inquiry has been finally clarified and if no statutory retention obligations oppose this.
(1) Our website includes videos from the platform www.youtube.com, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. In order to prevent data transfer before the videos are played, the videos are provided in extended data protection mode, i.e. no data about you as a user will be transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos, the data mentioned in (2) will be transmitted. We have no further influence on this data transmission.
(2) By visiting our website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the technically required data: name and URL of the retrieved file, date and time of the retrieval, transferred data volume, notification of successful retrieval (HTTP response code), browser type and browser version, operating system, referrer URL (i.e. the previously visited page), IP address and the requesting provider will be sent to YouTube's servers in the USA. If you also have a signed in Google Account, this information will be linked to the account. You have a right of objection against the creation of user profiles, which you must assert against YouTube.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. There you will also find further information about your rights and setting options to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google, headquartered in the USA, is certified for the US European Privacy Shield, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(1) In order to present our contents correctly and graphically appealing in all browsers, we use script libraries and font libraries provided by Google Web Fonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts/) on this website. Google Web Fonts are transferred to your browser's cache to avoid multiple loading. If your browser does not support Google Web Fonts or does not allow access, content will be displayed in a default font. The legal basis for the use of Google Web Fonts is our legitimate interest in the correct graphical representation of our website in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) By activating script libraries or font libraries, a connection to the operator of the library is automatically established. In theory, it is possible - but currently also unclear whether and, if so, for what purposes - that operators of corresponding libraries collect data.
(1) If you have consented to the processing of your data, it is possible at any time to withdraw this processing for the future. As a result, your data will no longer be processed for the agreed purpose.
(2) If your data are processed on the basis of a weighing of interests in accordance with the legal basis Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. e or f GDPR, you can object to this if you have special reasons against processing the data.
(3) You also have the possibility to object to the processing of your data for the purpose of direct marketing. Thus, your data will no longer be processed for the purpose of direct advertising.