This collection reviews key research addressing key challenges faced by organic animal farming in improving yields, animal nutrition and health.
- Part 1, Concepts in organic animal farming: assesses current research on environmental impact, promoting animal health, enhancing naturalness and welfare. It also reviews how organic systems fit in with agroforestry, pastoralist and other smallholder farming systems
- Part 2, Farming of particular species: includes case studies from leading experts on current research in improving the farming of particular species. Chapters review challenges and opportunities in organic dairy and beef farming, sheep and goats, pigs and poultry. There are also chapters on organic aquaculture as well as organic and natural beekeeping
- Part 3, The future: suggests ways of improving organic animal farming for the future
- Reviews key challenges and solutions in improving the health and welfare of organic farm animals
- Addresses how organic livestock farming can build on smallholder systems such as pastoralism and agroforestry
- Includes case studies on improving organic farming of dairy and beef cattle, sheep and goats, pig and poultry
shop.bdspublishing.com: Improving organic animal farming book bookshop page